Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hello World

I'm a twice divorced, mother of two grown children who is trying to figure out how to live the single life in today's society. It seems everyone is blogging to communicate in the digital world and even though I much prefer old-fashioned face-to-face analog communication I have decided to give blogging a try. Don't expect to see every boring detail of my daily life recorded here, instead I want to share my deeper thoughts, spiritual insights, technobabble, and, occassionally, twisted humor. I may also share cute photos of the 2 bassett hounds who share my home.

So why did I choose the title "Single-minded Living"? Websters defines single-minded as -- having one overriding purpose or goal, resolute, or steadfast. Single adults often are pulled in all directions as they try to juggle family, friends, career, and relationships. We are given contradictory and often insulting advice by well-meaning friends and family. I have chosen to look to God and his word, The Bible, for guidance in my journey through this life. The Apostle Paul wrote in I Corinthians -- "I want you to live as free of complications as possible. When you're unmarried, you're free to concentrate on simply pleasing the Master." I Corinthians 7:32 (The Message)That is what single-minded living means to me, freeing myself of complications and concentrating on pleasing God. So how do I free myself of complications? How do I please God? That is what the journey is all about...learning, becoming, being transformed. I hope you, the reader will join me in my journey as brothers and sisters in Christ to "...work out our salvation with fear and trembling." Phillippians 2:12

No comments: